Since I lasted posted the children, the dog and I have been to visit my parents for a few days. We visited the circus which was the children's first visit to the circus. Percy loved it! He especially liked the slapstick comedy of the clowns such as the clown having a drink and water squirting out of his bottom and hat! Sarah enjoyed the acrobatic acts and Bill hated it and finally decided that the best solution was to go to sleep on my knee...until the next loud act woke him up again :-( In the car when the other children were discussing the best bits, Bill said that he didn't like the circus and never wanted to go again. However, by the time we had got back to my parents' house (10 mins) he told my sister that he'd had a nice time and loved the motorbikes at the end!
We also went to a dinosaur evolution exhibition at a leisure centre local to my parents. It was really good. It had lots to look at as well as some fun hands-on activities including a video wall where you could see your self walking with dinosaurs! Unfortunately, that particular activity just made me feel that I ought to start dieting or exercising, or both, soon!
The children also discovered that playing 'two- player' on the ds was fun as both my brother and my Mum have one. It looks like I need to start saving up for a ds for Percy's birthday!
We drove home on Wednesday (3 hours) and went straight to the HE group that I co-run and all had a lovely afternoon as usual.
On Thursday we spent the afternoon with a friend and her children. It was really lovely because all the children played together all afternoon without needing any adult intervention to solve any disputes. Whilst my children have always counted my friend's children among their best friends (and vice versa, I think!), in reality they have often found it difficult to find things to play and play peacefully due to their different stages of development and their different personalities. On this occasion my friend and I were able to enjoy our cups of tea and chocolate with much less interruption!
On Saturday dh came home from America with gifts for the children. Sarah had the cooking game that she had requested for her ds, Percy got Mario Karts for Sarah's ds and Bill got a fossil that he had to release from a rock with a hammer and dinosaur mosaic sticker set. They were all very pleased with their presents and also very pleased to see their dad as he has never had to go abroad with work or left us for a whole week before. After lunch we went to J's 7th birthday party. Sarah and I met J and his mum when Sarah and J more just 7 and 6 months old at Aquatots, a swimming class for babies. On this occasion J was having a joint party with his friend E who Sarah went to kindergarten with. Sarah and E have only seen each other twice since E left kindergarten to go to mainstream school over two years ago. Both of these occasions have been J's birthday parties, and both times the two girls have chosen to play together. This party was no exception, E hugged Sarah when we arrived, they held hands throughout most of the party and E's mum and I have been made to promise that we'll arrange a play-date soon!
On Monday, the children went to their friend's house without me, an arrangement we have for every second Monday.
Wednesday was French Club as usual followed by an HE gathering at a local soft play centre. The children had a fantastic time at the soft play place and I've had to arrange more play-dates - next week is looking busy already!
The rest of the time the children have spent playing various role play games that they play for hours at a time, playing on the ds, playing on club penguin, watching their new Power Rangers dvd, we've finished reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and started on The Horse and his Boy, and they've probably done loads of other stuff that I can't remember now.
Now I'm going to google 'animation' because Percy wants to know they make Lady and the Tramp move if they're only drawings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment