Today, Bill and I made more mini muffins, triple choc and plain (for Percy). He's getting really good at mixing as long as the butter is really soft.


Percy watched more Power Rangers on Youtube and also Star Wars lego movies. Sarah wanted to make 'diaries' for the game that she wanted to play with her friends tomorrow (you've guessed it, Power Rangers!). I asked her what she envisaged these diaries to look like - I've learnt from experience not to assume that the idea I have is the same as the one that she has had. I then made a quick sample of what I thought she was describing and we discovered that we hadn't many staples left. I suggested that I used a bookbinding technique that I learnt last summer to sew the books together. She agreed and insisted that the book covers had to be white. We made the books by cutting three sheets of white A4 paper and one sheet of A4 card in half. We lay all the paper on one half of the card and folded to make a twelve leaf book. I sewed the spine using a figure-of-8 techqniue, starting and finishing in the middle. Sarah cut out Power Ranger figures and stuck them on and finished off by drawing flowers or footballs on them.
Bill came to join us and cut out his own pictures to stick on his book. I had no idea that he could cut so well!
Sarah then made rings using a kit that she had been given for her birthday.
This evening Sarah went to drama and we had chinese takeaway for tea. I've been really good recently, ordering our weekly shop online but this week we didn't do a weekly shop and have eaten mostly what we had in the house, needing only to buy a few extras such as bread and milk. Hence, I thought that we had saved enough to afford a treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment